Sunday, April 10, 2011

Movies, Movies, Movies.....


Okay so I have been seeing a lot of movies as I have been on quite a roll here lately. Quick rundown of what I have seen, what I liked and what you can absolutely pass. And really the only movie that you can certainly pass is "HANNA." Whoa, what a clunker that one was. And I am pretty disappointed in Mr. Ebert and his review on that flick as he gave it 3.5 stars. Really? Just could not get into it and it was pretty slow moving in general. Could have been sort of a Bourne Identity movie but really it was nothing of the sort.


Moving on to the good stuff....."WIN WIN" is an awesome movie and so definitely check that one out when you get a chance. Good performances by Paul Giamatti and Amy Ryan. Cool "family saves a loner" plot line and the movie was actually a lot funnier than I thought it would be. Another one that I saw in the theatres was "Source Code" with Jake Gyllenhaal. Very good movie and while it was very Groundhog Dayish in how it kept on going through the same moment over and over, it had some unique twists and the ending was a little bit of something I was not expecting. Lastly, on Neftlix I watched "Tell No One" which is a French film and for those of you who hate subtitles, pass on this one. Great movie and one of those murder mystery thrillers which keeps you guessing till the end. It is a few years old and so not new, but worth checking out for sure. And let me know if you think the main character in the film looks like a young Dustin Hoffman. As the mighty Omar from The Wire would say......"Indeed."

No comments: