Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Fighter only has True Grit when dressed as the Black Swan during The King's Speech


Recently over the past ten days I have seen The Fighter, True Grit, The King's Speech and Black Swan. I love seeing movies in the theatre and typically I tend to go see movies that I have researched and that I know I will like. And I was very pleased with all four of the above films. These movies were all reviewed quite well and also came out right around the holiday season which is usually a pretty good indication of the buzz surrounding the films. Needless to say, I would not be shocked that come Oscar time, Christian Bale, Natalie Portman and Colin Firth all walked away with the award in their respective categories. I thought Jeff Bridges was good in True Grit, but not an Oscar winner for my money. As for winner of best picture, I can see Black Swan (which by the way, talk about a demented movie!) taking that one, but I do think The Social Network is going to be tough to beat in that category. We will find out more once the nominations come out and we will also have a better idea when the Golden Globes announces their awards....they are a good pre-cursor as well. Definitely if you get the chance, see all these movies, they are all equally good in their own right. If I had to pick just one for you to see, go see The Fighter. It really is a great movie, plus the sisters in the film are scary, crazy fun....

No comments: